You find yourself with some leftover fried rice from last night. All you need is to find the best way to reheat fried rice, pouring it into an appropriate bowl or plate, adding spices severely as desired.
Why would you want to reheat or store cooked rice? Well, there are a few reasons. For starters the principle behind heating up food is simple: just get moisture back into the dish and heat it up again! Though preheating may seem like an unnecessary step with such easy preparation methods as cooking from frozen or even microwaveable kits available these days; however – if I can talk about safety for one moment here- please bear in mind that nothing could go wrong if done correctly according to package instructions but do let me share my thoughts on how best not only save money but also keep yourself safe while doing so.
What’s the best way to reheat fried rice?
What’s the most delicious way to reheat your fried rice? If you’re willing to experiment, then try doing it in a different way. I did an experiment to find out which heating method produces the best results. Five methods were tested for the best results.
Microwaving was most convenient and got rid of all that excess moisture really quick but frying has always been considered tastier because each cook has their own technique when making this type of cuisine item.
5 Easy Ways to Reheat Fried Rice
1. Reheating fried rice in the microwave
You know how everyone uses the microwave to reheat their leftovers, but do you have any idea what happens when it’s used for rice?
The answer is fried rice can dry out pretty quickly. To prevent this from happening and make sure your dish is as perfect as all you need are some quick tips.
Steps for reheating fried rice in the microwave:
- Microwave your rice in a bowl covered with the two tablespoons of liquid you want to use.
- Place it inside and allow for some air escape before cooking in a high heat microwave for 2 minutes, give it another 3 – 4 minute session if needed .
- Cover the dish, allowing for some air to escape; use something like this splatter guard if you want it even more covered.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes (or 3 -4), stirring well after each round so that all is heated equally through–then let cool before eating or storing away with other cooked grains such as barley which also can be easily rewarmed when needed again later too.
You should always reheat your rice in the microwave for at least 5 minutes. This is because it can cause harmful bacteria to form if you don’t, which could make people sick with food poisoning! However, this is necessary because of safety concerns and will not hurt your dish if you do so.
2. Reheating fried rice in Saucepan
The dish can be heated in a saucepan if you don’t have access to the microwave. To do this, get some olive oil for greasing it and place your pork fried rice on top of that before heating up
Steps: You can enjoy a delicious and filling dish when you use the following steps.
- Heat up your pan over medium heat, then grease with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Add butter if desired.
- Put in rice together any other items that may be liked such as eggs or vegetables- saute until cooked through from 5 to 10 minutes.
- If meat is being utilised instead of vegetarian substitutes, fry it until crispy before mixing into stir fried rice .
- Just have both on their own. Either way this will create an amazing hot lunch.
3. Reheating fried rice in the oven
Reheating fried rice in the oven is easy, but it can take a while. Here are some tips for reheating your leftover cooked rice:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, then add leftover fried rice in an oven safe casserole dish with enough water or broth.
- So that every grain is moist but not soggy for 15 minutes while covered on top of the stovetop burner during this time frame; Cover tightly after removing from heat source until ready to serve as desired.
- Cover your rice with a lid for 15 minutes at 425F. After that, give it another 3-5 more to let out some of the steam and make sure you don’t overcook or dry out.
4. Reheating fried rice in the air fryer
Reheating fried rice in an air fryer is a great option. You can get it toasty and crispy, with none of the greasy mess that comes from trying other methods like microwaving or even pan-frying.
- The easiest way to reheat fried rice is in an air fryer. Simply transfer the cooked mixture into your air fryer.
- And set it on high for 8-10 minutes until hot.
- Erratically adding 2 – 3 more if needed!
- Let cool before serving so that you can enjoy a tasty dish without burning yourself from touching the handle too much when pouring onto plates or bowls.
5. Reheating Fried Rice On The Stovetop:
Reheating fried rice is simple to make it taste just like you cooked the first time.
- Add some water, broth or oil to a pan and warm it up.
- Once ready add cooked leftover fried rice in the same manner as one would cook fresh steamed white rice until all ingredients are heated through.
- The key here is not letting your food burn at any point while stir frying! It’s important that you keep constantly stirring going with this process for 10 minutes on high heat (or more if needed).
If you’re watching the oil in your diet, steam-frying is a great way to use less and still get that delightfully crispy texture.
To steam-fry your rice, follow these steps:
- The first step in making rice is to wash your pan.
- Add your rice, mix well then cover for 3 minutes over medium heat while giving it a good stir so that nothing is sticking at the bottom or sides of the pot; adding more water if necessary.
- After cooking time has passed, continue using the following steps until 10-minutes have been reached – repeat the process by heating for another 3 minutes.
- You can repeat this process until your rice has been heated for at least 10 minutes and soaked up all the liquid.
Reheating fried rice on the stovetop is a great way to bring it back for another meal, but you may not want to last all day if your office has something hot coming up.
The Best Way to Reheat all kind of Fried Rice
With a few notes to keep in mind, you can reheat all of your favourite fried rice varieties.
Chicken Fried Rice
To ensure that your chicken fried rice doesn’t dry out we recommend reusing it by reheating in the oven.
Covering a casserole dish with aluminium foil and placing it on top will help keep everything moist while heating.
Vegetable Fried Rice
The microwave solution is the best way to reheat your vegetable fried rice. With this method, you do not need to worry about overcooking or sticking ingredients in your frying pan. Because we can reheat them easily at high heat with little chance of burning by using just one appliance that most kitchens already have.
Brown rice has more of a crunch than white, so you need to make sure not to dry it out.
Luckily our favourite method of reheating brown rice is by using an air fryer! But if I don’t have one or am in a hurry and can’t wait for my food, then steam-frying fried brown rice on the stovetop works really well too – plus all that healthy fat will keep me full longer.
Chinese Fried Rice
Finally, Reheating tasty Chinese fried rice from your favourite restaurant can be tricky. It is important to use the correct method for reheating it. The best method for reheating it is on the stovetop.
You may not have to add much oil because there will likely be plenty. Transfer from your takeaway container with an airtight seal before storing it as this helps keep its freshness longer.
Frequently asked Queston: FAQ
- Is it safe to reheat fried rice?
Make sure your fried rice is safe, don’t leave it out at room temperature for longer than an hour. Store in a shallow airtight container and refrigerate if not using within 3-4 days.
- Can you reheat fried rice the next day?
When you cook rice, serve it as soon as possible. If not eaten immediately then store in the fridge for no more than 1 day until reheating. Check that the rewarming process so your meal doesn’t get unsafe. Bacteria or other harmful substances transferred to it through poor handling practices- never reheat food items more than once!
- How do you moisten leftover fried rice?
For microwaving fried rice in the microwave, Most of the expert says that two tablespoons (or broth) can make all of the difference when heating up food for lunch every day. Add up a liquid with some much-needed moisture back into your dish.
- Can you reheat rice twice?
Reheat rice to make sure you enjoy your meal as much as possible! We do not recommend Reheating twice, but it does double the chances of bacteria colonizing the cooked rice.
To ensure safety when eating leftover or reheated food don’t try reusing a once used dish more than two times.
We hope you found this helpful and we’d love to hear your thoughts on the best way to reheat fried rice. We would like to share with you our best ways on how to reheat fried rice. You can try microwaving, oven-heating or stovetop heating them up.
Reheat the dish until it reaches your desired level of heat and enjoys! If there is a method we didn’t mention you think please let us know. If you have any questions about these methods please comment below so that we can answer your question ASAP.