Everyone loves enchilada- children and adults alike. I doubt if there’s anyone who can resist the warm inviting look of this Mexican dish. It’s the perfect choice for a family get-together, dinner, and small parties. But the truth is this- preparing enchilada sauce from the scratch is not a cakewalk. Honestly, homemade enchilada sauce is a lot of stress. We don’t want you to mess things up and spoil the fun. We’ve carefully picked for you the 10 best store-bought enchilada sauce to buy. Keep reading, and thank us late
Table of Contents
- How to choose the best?
- The 10 best stores bought enchilada sauce to buy in 2021.
- 1. Rosarita Enchilada Sauce, Keto Friendly
- 2. Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce, Mild, Red, 28 oz
- 3. Hatch Red Enchilada Sauce, Mild, 15-Ounce Cans
- 4. La Victoria Enchilada Sauce, Mild, 10-Ounce Cans
- 5. Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce Mild
- 6. El Pato Red Chile Enchilada Sauce, 28 oz.
- 7. La Victoria Green Chile Enchilada Sauce Mild
- 8. La Preferida Mexican Foods Red Chile Enchilada
- 9. La Preferida Mexican Foods Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 10. Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce, Medium Green Chile, 28 Ounce (Pack of 12)
- How to choose the best Enchilada Sauce?
How to choose the best?
Considering the many varieties of enchilada sauce out there, buying an enchilada sauce can be an uphill task. Take a quick look at our buying guide and buy your enchilada sauce without hassle.
Every enchilada sauce has its unique flavor- from a spicy flavor to a slight mellow. But here’s the thing. Enchilada sauce is in two varieties.
Red or Green sauce?: Make no mistake about it. It’s either you’re buying a red sauce or a green sauce. But here’s the catch. You can mix both sauces for greater satisfaction.
You will find more tomatoes than green peppers in the red enchilada sauce, and it’s the other way round for the green sauce.
But it all buzz down to this. Use a red enchilada sauce to make your beef enchilada and a green enchilada sauce to make a chicken enchilada. It’s that simple.
The 10 best stores bought enchilada sauce to buy in 2021.
By now, you’re probably wondering what and what enchilada sauce is on our list. But first, we’d love to tell you that we considered everything- from your budget to your flavor. And boom! We discovered these 10 best stores bought enchilada sauce to buy in 2021. Make sure to check them out.
1. Rosarita Enchilada Sauce, Keto Friendly
This brand takes pride in making mouth-watering Mexican dishes available to every who loves Mexican dishes. The Rosarita enchilada sauce is one of their popular Mexican dishes
Rosarita enchilada sauce is a traditional sauce made from low heat. You will get plenty of satisfaction stocking up your kitchen with Rosarita enchilada sauce. Yes, it comes in 12 packs and for a low price.
But that’s not all. It has a rich flavor that goes with any Eenchilada. This is your go-to enchilada sauce if you’re on a keto diet. It has no added sugar and additives.
It weighs only 1.3 pounds, and you’d be amazed at its unique taste when used to make chicken enchilada.
- Keto-friendly ingredient
- It has a versatile flavor
- Low heat sauce
- Economical 12 packs
- Not too spicy
- Dented Cans
2. Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce, Mild, Red, 28 oz
When it comes to homemade like enchilada sauce- No one does it better than Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce. It’s a real hero.
It has the right amount of spice, flavor, and heat. Most users prefer to use the name- bold medium enchilada sauce.
It contains chili pepper and salt- both in the right quantity. Additionally, there’s sugar, hydrolyzed corn protein, and color.
Fun fact- it is a red enchilada sauce and perfect for your beef enchilada.
Let me say this straight- For a low budget, you’d 12 packs of Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce, Mild, Red to yourself. Great, isn’t it?
- Tastes like homemade enchilada sauce
- Ingredients are in good measure
- Perfect for beef enchilada
- Not expensive
- Popular brand
- Added sugar
- Not for people on the keto diet
3. Hatch Red Enchilada Sauce, Mild, 15-Ounce Cans
This enchilada sauce is your ideal enchilada sauce if you’re passionate about authentic rich flavors. Why? Made by third-generation Chile farmer, Hatch tops the list of the most popular enchilada sauce brands.
It is made in Hatch and gives an outstanding flavor- one that makes enchilada great. It’s a great choice if you’re looking for a mild enchilada sauce. It’s not too spicy or hot.
The best part? It’s gluten-free and can be mixed with green enchilada sauce.
Are you worried about preservatives and additives? Hatch is 100% free of them. Its ingredients are super healthy.
Needless to say, the Hatch enchilada sauce can is super easy to open. No fighting with the can tops like you will do with most enchilada sauce
- Healthy ingredients
- Can tops are easy to open
- Unique flavor
- Mild enchilada sauce
- Sauce may be too mild for people with a spicy preference
4. La Victoria Enchilada Sauce, Mild, 10-Ounce Cans
Are you looking for an enchilada sauce that has a good striking balance between flavor and spice? Then, this is the one for you.
La Victoria Enchilada Sauce is rich in flavor and the same time- mild. It is made with top-notch ingredients to make enchilada super delicious and mouth-watering.
Another great thing about the La Victoria Enchilada sauce is its gluten-free nature which is a good plus for people seeking a healthy enchilada sauce.
Here are the ingredients you’d find in La Victoria Enchilada sauce- soyabean oil, garlic, salt, spice, red chili pepper, and dehydrated chili pepper
It’s perfect for making any kind of enchilada.
- Kosher certified
- Mild spice and flavor
- Comes in12 packs
- Chilli pepper may be too excessive for people looking for a mild enchilada sauce
5. Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce Mild
We present to you the green enchilada sauce of all times- Hatch green chili enchilada sauce. It is a green enchilada sauce with a lot of flavors. The good news is this- you can mix it with the Hatch red enchilada sauce to give you a more powerful flavor. This enchilada sauce is not too spicy or hot- it’s a mild enchilada sauce. But here’s the rub. Unlike the Hatch red enchilada sauce, this one comes in 6 packs. Also, it is gluten-free and healthy. Among its ingredients, you’d find soyabean oil, garlic, and hatch green chiles.
Don’t forget- the can tops are relatively easy to open like it’s the Hatch red enchilada sauce.
- It comes in 6 packs
- Has healthy ingredients
- Perfect for chicken enchilada
- Mild flavor
- The flavor may be too mild
6. El Pato Red Chile Enchilada Sauce, 28 oz.
Made in the US, El Pato enchilada sauce is a tomato-based enchilada sauce. Needless I say, it has whole chilies. But there’s more.
It gives 15 calories per serving and has zero preservatives. The ingredients are pure and natural- the chili peppers are pickled in a brine solution to keep it fresh.
Per serving, El Pato enchilada sauce gives a 1g of sugar, and that’s incredible considering the large size of the can.
This enchilada sauce comes from a family business, and you can be sure that so much energy has gone into its production. If you want an enchilada sauce free of preservatives, this is the one for you.
- No preservatives
- Natural ingredients
- Ideal for any enchilada
- Tested and trusted
- Available in 28 oz can size
7. La Victoria Green Chile Enchilada Sauce Mild
You can trust La Victoria Enchilada sauce for authentic flavors in your enchilada. This brand has served a lot of homes rich Green enchilada sauce since its inception. You can never go wrong with a La Victoria green enchilada sauce.
It has a fine blend of ingredients and gives 25 calories per serving. It’s a good choice for people who love a mild enchilada sauce.
On the face of it, this enchilada sauce has a thick consistency that will require you to loosen with water or stock- whichever is your preference.
Additionally, it’s a low budget enchilada sauce and kosher friendly. You should not miss out on this.
- Not too spicy or hot
- Rich flavor
- It’s a cheapo
- Can be mix with the red sauce
- It may be too mild for lovers of hot sauce
8. La Preferida Mexican Foods Red Chile Enchilada
With a 5g fiber, 2g protein, and 80 calories per serving, this red enchilada sauce is one to watch out for. It is made from tomato paste, spices, and chili paste.
You can trust its rich bold flavor to do justice to your cooking. Care to know the best part? La Preferida Mexican Foods Red Chile Enchilada can be used to make other dishes like omelets, hamburgers, and chicken.
The sauce can is safe to use- comes with a BFA free material linning. Oh, yes! You will get this enchilada sauce in the green sauce too.
- Safe to use sauce can
- High versatility
- Has rich flavor
- Mild spicy
- May require heat before use
9. La Preferida Mexican Foods Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
This enchilada sauce is great for parties. Why? It’s not too hot- it’s on average. Aside from that, it is blended with tasty spices to give its outstanding flavor.
Like its red enchilada sauce, it gives 80 calories per serving- greater than any enchilada sauce in the market.
La Preferida Mexican green enchilada sauce contains some coloring that can be harmful to your health.
- Has authentic flavor
- A balance between spices and flavor
- Idea for parties
10. Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce, Medium Green Chile, 28 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Las Palmas enchilada sauce contains these ingredients- sugar, salt, soyabean oil, garlic powder, chili pepper, corn syrup solids, jalapeno peppers, and monosodium glutamate.
Although it’s a spicy enchilada sauce, it’s still too harsh and can be enjoyed without having burning sensations on your tongue.
Also, it’s a versatile enchilada sauce- great for soups, macaroni, and cheese. You’d get 25 calories, 3 g carbohydrates, 340 mg sodium, and 0g sugar per serving.
- Low in sugar and sodium
- Highly versatile
- A rich and unique flavor
- Has corn syrup solids
How to choose the best Enchilada Sauce?
The truth is this- Not all enchilada sauce is high quality and healthy for you. There are several factors to consider before buying an enchilada sauce. Will you allow me to take you on this ride.
Virtually all Enchilada sauce got calories, carbs, and sugar, but at different levels. You may want to check the nutritional value of an enchilada sauce that matches your nutritional need before buying.
Let’s look at it another way. A red enchilada sauce contains higher vitamin C than green enchilada sauce owing to the presence of tomatoes. See the difference?
Mild enchilada sauce is perfect for children, and you can get yourself and other adults the spicy ones.
But if you’re not a fan of spicy food, you can still enjoy mild enchilada sauce like the Hatch red enchilada sauce. It all depends on you.
If you love to have a great time out in the kitchen, selecting a versatile enchilada sauce is another factor.
Having enchilada sauce that allows you to use it for other dishes like an omelet, soups, etc., other than enchilada is a great plus. You do not want to run around looking for a sauce for your other dishes when you have an enchilada sauce sitting on your shelf.
The higher the ingredients in your enchilada sauce, the more the chances of included preservatives. There are no two ways about it.
You may want to take a look at this if you want a pure enchilada sauce. The trick is to check how many ingredients are packed into it.
Red sauce or green sauce?
Depending on the enchilada you will be making, you have the option to choose from a red enchilada sauce or a green enchilada sauce.
But the rule of thumb is this- Make use of red enchilada sauce for a beef enchilada, while green enchilada sauce for chicken enchilada. It’s a no-brainer.
What are the benefits of enchilada sauce?
By now, you’re probably wondering what benefits are in enchilada sauce. There are not many articles online that cover the benefit of enchilada sauce. But right here and right now, I’ll walk you through the many benefits of this delicious Mexican food.
- Low calories: Mexican foods are super high in calories, but enchilada sauce stands out in this regard. Its calories are relatively low and a great choice for people who are counting their calorie intake.
- Easy to use: Nobody wants to go through stress before enjoying their favorite dish. Making enchilada sauce at home can be an uphill task. So what’s the point? You can now enjoy your favorite Mexican dish without undergoing stress. It’s relatively easy and super fast.
- Nutritious: Great nutrients are embedded in Enchilada sauce. Talk about soyabean oil, chili pepper, and the likes. You’re sure that you’re eating healthy food when you use enchilada sauce. They’re regulated by food quality control agencies.
- Economical: Most enchilada sauce comes in 12 packs, while a few come in 6 packs. What does this mean? With a little cost, you can store enchilada sauce on your shelf, and use it when you need them. You will be saving more money than having to make new enchilada sauce every time you need it.
Mexican dish will make anyone lick their fingers- talk about the various mouth-watering dishes. But making enchilada requires you to use a healthy enchilada sauce, tested and trusted. We’ve saved you the stress. Our 10 best enchilada sauce is everything you need to set the kitchen on fire. Invite us for dinner, and we’d honor it.