Well—-as compared to cooking this ancient times Mexican recipe, their reheating process of How To Reheat Frozen Tamales is considered more critical. The spice delectable Tamales are mostly used to make in good quantities whether they are cooked at home or bought from any Mexican store.
Because of their delicious or mouth-watering taste people like to refrigerate or freeze them for later use. Once you wrap them with corn husk and then vacuum seal it will make them able to stay fresh for 6-12 months.
As all we know that the reheating process is very fragile, so we must adopt the method which is capable of keeping Tamales in their true and fresh form. You can find the best and least ways of reheating frozen tamales as well as benefits and the method to cook Tamales in this article.
Ingredients to cook Frozen Tamales
Tamale is a traditional Mexican food that uses meat, beans, cheese, and vegetable mixtures to fill inside tamales. These ingredients are used to steam at an appropriate flame so to get a good flavor and taste. Before eating the soft and sometimes sweet Tamale you need to wrap off the corn husk or banana leaves.
best frozen tamales
Tamales are used to make many forms including sweet, meat, and chicken mixture or vegetable filling Tamales. The vegan or vegetarian Tamales have a different place in this range as they come into your healthy and fit eating plans. Moreover, they don’t contain any unwanted fats.
Why Vegan Frozen Tamales are The Best
The big reason to consider vegan Frozen Tamales as the best is, they use steam instead to fry in the oil. From the last decade, people have started to add vegan food to their diet plans. So, the taste of Vegan Frozen Tamales also helps to maintain your diets as well.
Benefits of Vegan Frozen Tamales
- Offers healthy diet
- Easy to cook
- Keep nutrients and essential fatty acids
- Tamales are good for Travelers as they can store them for their long journeys.
- The Vegan Frozen Tamales offer nutrients including Vitamin A, Zinc, Potassium, and Iron.
- It depends on the filling ingredients but Frozen Tamales’ vegetables can provide 19.4 grams of essential fats.
- More than 10 grams of proteins in Tamales can boost up your body functions.
How to Cook Frozen Tamales
Here are some instructions and a complete guide to cooking Vegan Frozen Tamales and the list of ingredients needed to cook 50 Vegan Version Frozen Tamales.
- Make sure you’ve all the accessories needed for making Tamales
- Pre-washed all the vegetables and mushrooms as well as other ingredients.
- Compare the quantities of every ingredient and don’t add extra, otherwise, they’ll lose their taste.
- Don’t use much oil to fry onions and mushrooms.
- During steaming try to check after every 5 min and add water if it soaks up before time.
- 2 Bags of Corn Husks, each one pound
- 1lb Mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 Large Zucchinis, cut into square pieces
- 2 Poblano Chili
- ¼ Onion, Chopped and Divided
- 3 cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 2tsp Vegetable Oil
- Unpack the corn husks, take the hot water in a large pot and drown the leaves for 15-20 min.
- Cut the mushrooms in slices and Zucchinis in square pieces. To prepare the filling, chop up all the ingredients except poblano chilli. Roast the poblano chilli and keep this hot chilli in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap for 15-20 min. After completing the duration Peel-out the poblano chilli, remove the seeds, and cut them into slices.
- Add a little oil to a pan and fry onions and mushrooms in it until they show brownish color. Add the zucchini, minced garlic, and salt according to the requirement. Cook them for a few min until the Zucchini begins to soften. Make-sure, the vegetables are still a little bit uncooked. Give a little more stir and then remove from the heat.
- Get another skillet now. Add some chopped onions with poblano chillies and stir them for 1-2 min. Add the mushrooms and zucchini in poblano chillies and stir them together. Also, check the salt. Keep them aside and start to work on tamale masa.
- Get the prepared masa from the store. Put your dough in a large bowl. Gradually add oil and then salt as well as baking powder. Start kneading it for an hour or use a stand mixer.
- Dump out the water from the husks and clean them with fresh water. Put the spoonful masa on the corn husk and split it on the tamale. Put the ingredients on tamale and fold it. Do this with all tamales.
- Add a rack to the deep pot. Add some water till it reaches the rack edges. Cover the rack with corn husks and keep all the tamales turn by turn. Cover them with a clean kitchen towel properly. Finally, cover the pot and let them cook for two hours.
The delicious tamales are ready to represent at mealtime or any of your special events.
Methods to Reheat Frozen Tamales
We’ve mentioned the best methods to steam or reheat the Tamales. You can adopt any one of them according to your consideration:
How to cook frozen tamales in air fryer
Steam Frozen Tamales in Air Fryer is preferred more by people as compared to other methods because it takes less time to reheat.
- Heat your air fryer at a low flame.
- Moisten the corn husk of your tamales with cold water to clean them.
- Place them in the Air Fryer and keep the Tamales on it and cover the air fryer.
- Heat them for 10-20 min and then remove the cover carefully. Before eating or tasting them use a meat thermometer to check the temperature.
How to Steam Tamales in the Microwave
Microwave is a very common gadget which you can find in almost every home. People use it to reheat their different frozen items easily. So, you can use it to reheat tamales as well.
- Moisten the corn husks with cold water and clean them nicely with a kitchen towel.
- Place the corn husks on a microwave-safe plate. Try to leave the space between the husks.
- It’s enough to reheat them for 3-5 min to warm them.
No doubt, microwave is the easiest way to reheat tamales. But in actuality, it dries your Tamales. So, this method can be applied but not recommended.
How to reheat tamales in the oven
An oven is also a reliable way to Steam or Reheat the Frozen or Cold Tamales.
During the heating process check them after 10-15 min and flip them to check their temperature. After finishing the reheating process use the meat thermometer to check their temperature. When they’ll reach 150-160 degrees, then it means they’re ready to serve and eat.
How to Steam Tamales in a Rice Cooker
Rice cookers can be a good and appropriate way to Reheat Tamales at home.
- Place a metal rack in the Rice cooker and fill 1-2 inches of water.
- Stand tall to your tamales on the rack and make sure they don’t touch the water surface.
- Let them cook for 15-20 min and allow 5-10 min more in case of frozen or cold tamales.
In case if you’re going to Steam just 5-8 Tamales then a rice cooker will be the perfect choice. Because this method is useful for a small number of Tamales.
How to Steam Tamales in an Instant Pot
That’s how an instant pot works:
- Pour at least two cups of water and keep Tamales in standing form without sitting on the water layer.
- Close the instant pot for 10-15 min and in case of need pour some more water to allow appropriate steam.
- When the timer completes, wait for the natural release and then carefully remove the steamer basket.
As compared to other methods Instant pot needs a special steamer basket that can be fit in your instant pot to keep Tamales on it. It also has a handle to kick out the basket safely.
How to Steam Tamales Without a Steamer
Steaming Frozen Tamales without a steamer is also a possible way to make Tamales fresh. Here is the guide to steam Tamales without steamer:
- Place a metal rack inside the pot and keep a heat-safe bowl on the top of the metal rack.
- Place the Tamales inside the pot and between the bowls in standing form.
- Steam the Tamales for 45-50 min and keep checking for the water every 20 min.
How to Reheat Frozen Tamales with a Frying pan
Frying is the way which is always liked by the people as this process makes any frozen food tastiest and gives a slight crunch.
- Heat the frying pan and when it’s heated then wrap off the corn husk from tamales.
- Add some vegetable oil to it and let it heat up for a few seconds then put tamales on it.
- Turn the Tamales occasionally and make sure they are heated up from the inside too.
- When they start to appear brown then off the skillet and taste them when reaching an appropriate temperature.
How long to steam tamales on stove
To Reheat Frozen Tamales on a Stove you must have a steamer that can be fit into your pot easily and also can be removed easily.
- Set the steamer inside the pot and fill the water up to 1.5 inches.
- Insert Tamales with a few bit gaps facing upwards.
- Allow them to steam for 40-50 min but check them after every 15 min to stop them from overcooking.
Can You Boil Tamales?
Tamales can’t put themselves into the water for the steaming process. But there are some other ways you can adopt to convert them into their fresh form. The Freezing Tamales can be reheated using an instant pot, rice cooker, and some other favourite ways to enjoy their incredible taste.
How to Keep Tamales Warm?
keeping Tamales warm depends on your needs. If you’re hanging out with your friends or going out for a long travel plan, then wrapping Tamales with aluminum foil is safe.
On the other hand, if you want to store them for later use then after vacuum sealer put them into the plastic container and store them in the refrigerator. You can also store them in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
Summary: A Brief Ways to Reheat Frozen Tamales
|Appliance||Temperature Setting||How long for Frozen Tamales||How long for defrost|
|Air Fryer||Medium (for frozen & thawed Tamales)||10-20 min||10-15 min|
|Microwave||Medium (for frozen or thawed)||3-5 min(Continue flipping)||1-2 min(Continue flipping)|
|Oven||300min 350maxdegrees Fahrenheit||20-25 min||15-20 min|
|Rice Cooker||High||20-25 min||15-20 min|
|Instant Pot||High Boiling water||10-15 min||10 min|
|Without Steamer Pot||High||45-50 min minimum50-60 min max for frozen||20-30 min|
|Frying Pan||Low||5-10 min||5 min|
|Stove||High boiling water||40-45 min||20-25 min|