Are you constantly out of space in your kitchen? Or maybe your kitchen gets too cramped to work in peace. Whatever the case is, you can save up a lot of your space with smart appliance choices. One of those choices is a hot plate for a cast-iron skillet.
Now, if you have no idea about this or are looking for the best hot plate for cast iron skillet, then we are here to help. So, if you want to save up some valuable space in your kitchen, then this is the place to be. Let’s dive right in.
Table of Contents
- Quick comparison table
- Best Hot Plate For Cast Iron Skillet: Product reviews
- 1. Techwood Hot Plate 1500W Portable Electric Stove
- 2. CUKOR Electric Hot Plate for Cooking
- 3. Elite Gourmet Countertop Electric Hot Burner
- 4. Cuisinart Cast Iron Single Burner
- 5. Ovente 1000W Hot Plate Electric Countertop Infrared Stove
- 6. CUKOR Electric Single Hot Plate Portable Stove
- 7. CUSIMAX Electric Hot Plate
- 8. CUSIMAX 1800W Double Hot Plate Burner
- 9. Ovente 1700W Double Hot Plate Electric Countertop
- 10. Techwood 1800W Electric Hot Plate Stove
- 11. Elite Gourmet Electric Double Buffet Burner
- 12. DIDO 1800W Hot Plate Portable Electric Stove
- Using Guides for best hot plate
- Using a hot plate
- How to Choose the best hot plate for cast iron skillet
- Benefits of using a hot plate
Quick comparison table
If you are in a hurry to buy, you can take a quick look at all the hot plates we lined up.
|1||Techwood Hot Plate 1500W Portable Electric Stove||Compact and lightweight
|2||CUKOR Electric Hot Plate Cooker||Fast cooking
|3||Elite Gourmet Countertop Electric Hot Burner||Portable
|4||Cuisinart Cast Iron Single Burner||Good heat control
|5||Ovente 1000W Hot Plate Electric Countertop Infrared Stove||Proper heat distribution
|6||CUKOR Electric Single Hot Plate Portable Stove||Compact and portable
Heats up fast
|7||CUSIMAX Electric Hot Plate||Durable and stylish
Excellent heating power
|8||CUSIMAX 1800W Double Hot Plate Burner||Packs great power
Very easy to clean
|9||Ovente 1700W Double Hot Plate Electric Countertop||Good heat distribution
Has good power
|10||Techwood 1800W Electric Hot Plate Stove||Excellent heat components
Modern and sleek
|11||Elite Gourmet Electric Double Buffet Burner||Value for moneyGreat
|12||DIDO 1800W Hot Plate Portable Electric Stove||Great build quality
Are hot plates for Cast Iron Skillet safe to use?
We will be very honest, it’s common to worry about the safety of hot plates. In truth, it’s not the safest cooking option for you. As it’s an electrical cooking appliance, it has its safety concerns all the time. So, you have to be careful when you are using these plates.
Some things you can do for better safety is use tongs or oven mitts to grab the food. Because most of the time, a hot plate will be insanely hot, and you don’t want to burn your hand, right? Always use something to protect your hands as they will be close to the cooking source.
If you have a hot plate that allows cookware, you don’t have to worry too much about safety. Also, always make sure to unplug the hot plates after every use. And with these little safety measures, you can rest assured of using hot plates and save up space in your kitchen.
What pans can I use on a hot plate?
The kind of pans you can use on your hot plate depends on what type of hot plate you have. Different hot plates are compatible with different pans or pots. You can check out what kind of pots are allowed on your hot plate. This information comes with the instruction or manual.
Most of the time, the safest bet is to try out a cast iron pot or pan. You can try out different cast iron pans to use on a hot plate without any worries. Because it either works or doesn’t work, but it doesn’t damage in any way.
Besides that, you can go for stainless steel for induction-type hot plates. Usually, they have to be magnetic on the bottom to work with induction hot plates. With a magnetic bottom, some aluminum and copper cookware may also work.
Apart from all that, most stove heat-resistant pans will work on hot plates if it’s not an induction type.
Best Hot Plate For Cast Iron Skillet: Product reviews
1. Techwood Hot Plate 1500W Portable Electric Stove
For any couple or single person out there, this one can be the ultimate choice for a hot plate. It’s a single-burner hot plate, so you can cook food for one or two people with ease. And along with that, it’s super compact and lightweight for better convenience.
Coming to the power of the hot plate, it has got 1500 wattage. This kind of power is more than enough for cooking light to medium meals and maybe some heavy meals. It will cook food quicker than you can expect.
The best part about this one is the compatibility with most kinds of cookware. You don’t have to worry too much about using the wrong pots and pans. It goes along with aluminum, copper, cast iron, and even stainless-steel pans that aren’t truly magnetic.
- It’s very easy to clean and maintain
- It has got enough power to cook light to medium meals
- This one is a value for money product for sure.
- The temperature control works very well.
- It’s compact and lightweight so that you can move it around.
- It may not be the best for heavy meals
- It doesn’t give the maximum 1500-watt potential
2. CUKOR Electric Hot Plate for Cooking
If you are worried about the safety of using a hot plate, then this one will take away all your worries. From many different organizations, it has got the safety certification. So, you can rely on safety and enjoy the benefits it provides you with that.
Cooking with this hot plate is as fast as cooking on a gas stove. It gives you the exact 1500-watt power that it features, which helps in getting better heat.
You won’t have to worry about the compatibility of your pans and pots with this one. It is compatible with almost any kind of cookware you may already have in your kitchen. And cooking with a cast-iron skillet is just too satisfying with this one.
- Cleaning up this hot plate is very easy.
- It works with most kinds of pots and pans.
- It packs up 1500w power for a faster cooking experience.
- This hot plate comes with certified safety measures.
- The heat output and control are admirable.
- It’s portable so you can carry it wherever you go.
This one lacks a snap-on cover of metal.
3. Elite Gourmet Countertop Electric Hot Burner
Going away from home for a while, but don’t like the food outside? Well, then take your cooker with you wherever you go with this Elite hot plate. Yes, the portability on this one is incomparable and lets you take this with you wherever you go.
While it’s small and all, it doesn’t lack in heating ability. You get proper and even heating throughout the hot plate, which ends up inconsistent cooking for every meal.
The whole thing becomes perfect when you take a look at the price. It’s so affordable that it’s worth buying multiple times. It can even be a great emergency cooking unit if you ever face difficulties with your actual cooking unit.
- The super-compact nature of this one makes it a special hot plate.
- You get consistent and even heating throughout your cooking.
- This is a value for money product and worth a try for everyone.
- It works great as an emergency cooking unit.
- It’s easy to clean.
- This doesn’t have enough power for cooking heavy meals.
- It’s not the best for regular cooking.
4. Cuisinart Cast Iron Single Burner
Like enjoying some fried bacon in the backyard with friends? Then you will love owning one of these. First of all, it takes away the possibility of splattering grease all over your kitchen while frying bacon, as you will be outside. Secondly, it comes with several other benefits.
This burner is as quick as any stove cooker you have used or use currently. So, you don’t have to worry about taking too much time for cooking in this one instead of your regular cooker.
Also, it comes with accurate temperature control, so you get the perfect heat needed for the recipe. It has got 6 temperature adjustments that you can do using the dial on the front.
- This one produces the true 1300-watt power that you would expect from it.
- Cooking on this hot plate is quick and consistent.
- This comes with 5 different heat control settings.
- It’s portable, so you can carry it around if you have to.
- The size and power are enough to cook for a family of 3 to 4 every day.
- This one lacks safety measures such as overheat protection.
- Cooking heavy meals isn’t the best bet on this one.
5. Ovente 1000W Hot Plate Electric Countertop Infrared Stove
If you don’t want to go to the induction route or metal coil route, infrared is your way. And this infrared hot plate will surely serve the purpose it’s meant to serve. You get a cooking experience that doesn’t involve any hassle.
Starting strong with the fact that you don’t need to worry about buying any special cookware when you have this. It’s compatible with most cookware out there. So, that’s a relief for you right there.
With infrared heating, you get consistent and even heat distribution which contributes a lot to tasty meals. And the best part is the portability of the hot plate, as you can just take it to your camping trips for cooking light meals.
- You get even heat distribution due to infrared heating.
- No need to worry about the compatibility of cookware.
- The hot plate is slim and portable.
- It’s very easy to clean the hot plate.
- It doesn’t take too much time to heat up.
- Not good for cooking heavy meals.
- It doesn’t come with many safety measures, so you have to be careful.
6. CUKOR Electric Single Hot Plate Portable Stove
For all the travelers out there, this is a hot plate you should be aware of. It’s compact and portable enough to fit in a suitcase. So, when you are out in a different place, you can enjoy inexpensive homemade food in your hotel room by yourself.
Even though it’s so small, it doesn’t lack the cooking capability at all. You can still cook decent light to medium meals to fill your tummy every day on this one. It has got that infrared heating which distributes heat evenly and the 1200w power to cook fast.
You don’t need to have special cookware to cook on this hot plate either. Whether it’s aluminum, glass, or stainless steel, it goes with all kinds of cookware, eliminating a lot of trouble for you.
- It’s so compact that it even fits in a suitcase.
- The heat distribution is even throughout the hot plate.
- It packs up enough power to cook decent meals for one.
- It’s compatible with all kinds of cookware.
- This one comes with excellent safety measures.
- You can’t cook heavy meals on this.
- You may face some electrical flaws after heavy usage.
7. CUSIMAX Electric Hot Plate
Does it matter to you how your kitchen looks? If it does, you will surely love to include this one to enhance the beauty of your kitchen. It has got some stylish and classy design that just makes the kitchen look nicer.
Looks aren’t the only good thing about this hot plate; it works tremendously well. You get an excellent heating component on this one that holds on to the heat for a while. It’s not only good for cooking fast but also keeps your food warm for a longer period.
Everything is just perfect for this hot plate. Even the build quality is sturdy and durable, and you can feel that instantly. Also, the safety measures on this one are commendable too.
- Provides great heat control and distribution.
- It packs up enough power for cooking heavy meals.
- It’s quite compact and portable to move around.
- The build quality is super impressive.
- You can’t expect a better-looking hot plate than this one.
- Heats up a lot very fast.
Not the thing for cooking a large amount of meals.
8. CUSIMAX 1800W Double Hot Plate Burner
Short on time? Need to cook multiple foods at once? Then, go for the double burner hot plate like this one. Why specifically this? Well, this one comes with great heating power with several other features you would love to have.
First of all, the heat distribution on this hot plate is insanely good, and you will have a satisfying experience with it. It has enough power to cook a decent amount of food simultaneously on both the burners.
Next up is the precise temperature control you get on this one. Along with that comes the durability that is pretty rare in the hot plate scene. But with this one, you won’t have to worry about any of that. All of this makes it one of the best hot plates for cast iron skillet.
- This comes with great durability on all the parts.
- The heat distribution on this hot plate is incredible.
- With precise temperature control, you get the exact temperature you want for cooking.
- It packs up enough power to cook multiple foods at a time.
- This one is super easy to clean.
- It’s portable, so you can take this in the backyard to have a good time with family and friends.
The thermostat may face some issues after months of use.
9. Ovente 1700W Double Hot Plate Electric Countertop
If you require a cooker for emergency purposes or temporary cooking needs, this can be a great addition. It has enough power to prepare food for a family of 2 to 4 people with ease. And it’s better than a gas stove because of the low space requirement.
Coming to the burner and cooking facilities, it doesn’t lack any of it. You can get a good performance after the burners heat up properly. The heat distribution is great on this hot plate.
With the double burners, you can cook multiple foods at a time. This is a great time saver for you, so if you do a job or have a lot of work, this is a good hot plate you can get. And, the affordability makes it a worthy choice.
- The heat distribution is proper and consistent on both the burners.
- It’s very affordable so you can save up some money as well.
- This one has the power to cook meals for a family of 2 to 4 people.
- It doesn’t require any assembly or set up for usage.
- The built quality of this hot plate is quite good
- Burners on this hot plate take some time to heat up.
- The labels for the dials and knobs wash away after a while.
10. Techwood 1800W Electric Hot Plate Stove
This is an example of a perfect double burner hot plate. Whether it’s performance, burner size, heating capacity, hot plate size, maintenance, there is no compromise. You get the very best of an electric hot plate on this one for the right value.
So, the perfection on this one comes from the fast heating component. It will heat up just like a gas stove within that same time frame, making it an efficient choice. And when you have the double burner with that kind of power, you can’t ask for more.
The hot plate is sleek in design, so it looks good. On top of that, it’s very easy to clean so you can retain the good looks for a long time. Also, the overall performance is just top-notch; you won’t have any complaints with this one.
- The hot plate heats up very fast and provides great heat distribution.
- With the double burners, you can get a lot of efficiency from this.
- It looks very modern and has a sleek design.
- The ease of cleaning makes it a very attractive choice.
- It has got excellent temperature control ability.
- It’s worth every penny you pay.
Not the most durable hot plate.
11. Elite Gourmet Electric Double Buffet Burner
Are you looking for an affordable double burner hot plate? Then, truly you can’t get a better deal than this. While it’s affordable, it does justice to the quality as well. And for any kind of urgent cooking need, this is the hot plate used for cast iron skillet you can always rely on.
You can get the same level of cooking experience as a gas stove while saving up a lot of space in the kitchen. And using the temperature controls, you can follow along with the recipe properly to make your food much more delicious.
Even if you cook on this one daily in the right amount multiple times, you won’t face any issues. It goes on without causing any problems while cooking or after cooking. And with the double burners, you won’t even have to worry about cooking multiple items.
- This hot plate is the best affordable option available out there.
- You can rely on the power and heat components of this one.
- The hot plate heats up very fast and does all the cooking properly.
- It has great temperature control and is very easy to use.
- This hot plate is straightforward to clean.
- With the double burners, you get a lot of efficiency from this hot plate.
- I could have used more wattage for more power.
- It doesn’t have an overheat protective measure
12. DIDO 1800W Hot Plate Portable Electric Stove
If you don’t mind paying for good quality combined with some sleek design, then we have got just the thing for you. This hot plate has a silver design that just speaks out sleekness and doesn’t lack in quality one bit. So, all in all, you get a perfect hot plate that you have desired for a while.
Let’s talk about the heating abilities first. It has two burners with 900w power on each of them that provide even eating on both. And to control the temperature, you get two independent dials that give precise heat control.
Coming to its looks, you will love the full stainless-steel body look with the stove being cast iron. It’s stylish, modern, and looks classy throughout. And with all that, you get the added durability that many hot plates usually lack.
- This hot plate is highly durable and stylishly inbuilt.
- It comes with 1800w power combined on the dual burners.
- The temperature control on this one is accurate.
- You get perfect heat distribution in your cooking with this hot plate.
- It’s very easy to use and worthy.
The knob placements aren’t excellent.
Using Guides for best hot plate
Before you start using a hot plate, there are some things you have to look out for. Here are some things you should consider doing-
- Don’t use any metal pan that can cause damage to your hot plate.
- Always make sure to clean the bottom of the pan or pot, so it’s not wet.
- Use the recommended cookware, or use cookware that has resistance to stove heat.
- Keep away from using a hot plate if there is something flammable around. As you will possibly be in a cramped-up space, it can be very dangerous.
- The most important thing to remember is never to take away the hot plate right away; let it cool down first.
Now that you are equipped with this knowledge, let’s move on to using a hot plate. With the best hot plate for cast iron skillet, you won’t have much trouble.
Using a hot plate
- First of all, you have to put the pan or pot you will be using on the hot plate.
- Then plug in the hot plate and start it up. It’s essential to place the pot or pan on your hot plate before turning it on.
- You just put the ingredients in and follow the recipe just like you would do in regular cooking. One thing to keep in mind is using some safety measures from the heat.
- Once you are done cooking, you have to remove the pan and unplug the hot plate. Then, wait for a while to let the hot plate cool down.
That’s how you cook using a hot plate. As you can see, it’s not that hard. And with the best hot plate for cast iron skillet, you will get a great cooking experience.
How to Choose the best hot plate for cast iron skillet
When you search for the best hot plate, you have to be aware of some considerations. You have to check in some factors before you buy a hot plate that works for your needs. So, let’s check out some things that you have to consider to make the wisest buying decision-
The first thing to look at is the size of the hot plate. Well, you are considering buying a hot plate to save up space in the first place, so the obvious answer is looking for a smaller size here. Although that depends on what size your kitchen is, you should go for that if you can fit a larger hot plate.
You also have to count in the factor of the quantity you will be cooking every day. If you can’t even fit the food on your hot plate, then what’s the point of getting it. So, make sure it fulfills the quantity needed for your meal.
Hot plate for Cast Iron Skillet Burner Options
Now, here is a factor that’s easy to decide. You get two options, either you get a one-burner hot plate or a two-burner hot plate. With a one-burner hotplate, you can cook a single dish at a time, and with a two-burner, you can cook two at once.
So, if you are cooking for yourself only, then maybe one burner is the way to go because it takes less space and is cheaper than a two-burner model. But if you want to save up some time and have to cook multiple dishes for a family meal, then two burners hotplate the choice for you.
Type of heating Hot Plate
Usually, you will get to see three types of heating elements in your hot plate. The heat comes through either coil, induction technology, or infrared lights. They differ in the amount and time of heat transfer to the pots and pans. This eventually determines how long it does take to cook.
We won’t go through many details for each type. For your convenience, we can assure you that you can’t go wrong with the induction type heating ever on hot plates. These are the type for the best hot plate for cast iron skillet.
They require cookware with a magnetic bottom to even heat the pan or pot. With the proper and compatible cookware, you can get excellent performance from an induction hot plate. However, these are the most expensive hot plates in the marketing; the reason should be obvious.
So, if you don’t need a hot plate for serious cooking or heavy cooking, you can go for a metal coil or infrared-type hot plate. Metal coil ones are the cheapest but lack quality and performance. In contrast, infrared ones are a little better and more expensive than the coils.
What we mean here by power is the wattage of your hot plate. You have to consider how much wattage works best for your needs. Usually, the wattage can go from 700 to1800 for regular hot plates. With a lower wattage, you will get less power using less energy.
For example, a 1000-watt hot plate can be decent for boiling water, frying eggs, or other light cooking. At the same time, an 1800-watt hot plate can do both light and heavy cooking with ease. But that just means it consumes more energy.
So, make sure to consider your needs; if you need the hot plate for regular day-to-day cooking, then go for a higher wattage. If your purpose is to boil water or cook eggs and veggies every once in a while, then a lower wattage can also work for you.
Heat controlling ability
You can’t cook every food with the same temperature and heat. Different recipes require a different kind of temperature control. So, you will need to look out for that aspect in your hot plate.
Does that mean you have to have this feature? Well, no, it’s only a necessity if you need it. If you want to cook different meals on your hot plate, you would want temperature control.
This will be the case for most people because they would want to cook various meals on a hot plate, so going for a hot plate with temperature control is always a great idea. Even though this might be a bit more expensive than a hot plate without any temperature control, it’s worth it.
Hot Plate Safety measure
Hot plates can be extremely dangerous if they lack the proper safety measures. One of the most crucial ones has to be protected against overheating. A hot plate getting too hot is not a rare case you may come across. And that’s normal. So, your hot plate must have protective measures against overheating.
A popular protective measure for such cases is that the hot plate will turn off if it reaches a certain temperature. This is to make sure the hot plate doesn’t reach that danger zone. Other than that, there are safety measures like child lock, non-slip pads, pan detection that make a hot plate extra safe.
So, when you are out there buying a hot plate, make sure you go through these considerations. These will help you determine the perfect course of action for getting the best hot plate for a cast-iron skillet.
Benefits of using a hot plate
Now, let’s get real here; what’s the point of all this and why should you get a hot plate? We will answer that question with the benefits of using a hot plate. This will clear all your doubts on whether you should get a hot plate or not.
- The best reason to get a hot plate is to save up space. If you don’t have much space in your kitchen, then a hot plate is a better choice than a classic stove or cooktop.
- As hot plates are electric, you don’t have to worry about any gas leak, which can be very lethal. However, hot plates do have their safety issues.
- Using hot plates is just more convenient, as you can move them anywhere you want. You don’t have to be stuck in the kitchen because the gas line runs from there.
- You don’t have to worry about smoke and fires with a hot plate because of its electric heat transfer.
- Hot plates require less maintenance than a typical gas cooker which can be very helpful for you as well.
Well, these are the benefits. But if we were to nag about something, we would say hot plates are less efficient than a gas cooker. It takes more time to heat up and cook on a hot plate compared to a gas cooker. Other than that, both the cooking functions are pretty equal.
Here are some common questions people ask about hot plates-
Do hot plates use a lot of electricity?
Hot plates use the same energy as an electric stove. However, it takes longer to cook a dish on a hot plate. The average usage of a hot plate is 1200 watts an hour.
Will a hot plate boil water?
Hot plates are a great option for boiling water quickly. You can use induction-base cookware to boil water.
What is a good wattage for a hot plate?
The best wattage range for hot plates is around 750 to 1800. Within this range, you can get great cooking performance and efficiency out of a hot plate.
Can you fry food on a hot plate?
Yes, you can fry food like chicken, fish, vegetables quite easily on a hot plate. But it takes a bit more time than a traditional stove.
Can you leave a hot plate overnight?
You should never leave a hot plate overnight or even for a long duration. It can get incredibly hot and damage the hot plate, and may even cause deadly accidents.
What to check before using a hot plate for the first time?
Ensure to check any kind of external damage or cracks on a hot plate before you start using it. Also, check your cookware if it’s compatible with your hot plate or not.
Can you cook eggs on a hot plate?
Yes, you can cook eggs on a hot plate with a very simple method. Just place the pan and allow the plate to get hot. Then, put the egg on the pan and cook it the same way you would normally do. You can cover up the pan to retain heat and cook faster.
All in all, getting a hot plate can be very helpful no matter what reason you are getting it. Whether it’s for small spaces or emergencies, they are worth it. And if you have a cast-iron skillet, then you can get one without any second thoughts about compatibility.
But when you choose to buy a hot plate, make sure to go for the best hot plate for a cast-iron skillet. Because with the wrong ones, you will never understand the true value of a hot plate. So, we tried to bring you all the best ones we could find out there.
As you have already seen, there are various options you can try out. We kept single burners, double burners, premium choices, affordable choices, and whatnot. One thing we can assure you is the great quality of all the hot plates we listed. And to help you make a choice, we included the buying guide as well. I hope this helps you in your endeavor to buy a hot plate.